Friday, March 25, 2011

What's in the fridge will go in this salsa


I'm making steaks and baked potatoes for dinner tonight and needed something to give the combo a little kick. Uschi, my partner-in-crime's mother asked me to make this as an addition to a chicken dinner one night and I never forgot it. It's easy and makes store bought salsas look fruitless (har, har, har). Today's ingredients are what I have available, but if you have cilantro you'll really make this salsa worth the effort. Corn, green peppers and other random veggies are good additions too!


Serves 6


Ingredients



  • 2 large tomatoes 
  • 1 jalapeno pepper (remove the seeds if you prefer a milder salsa)
  • 1 red onion
  • 1 avocado
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 t olive oil
  • juice of one lime
  • salt & pepper to taste



Dice all vegetables and combine in a bowl. Add the olive oil, lime juice and salt & pepper and stir. Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment