Sunday, March 20, 2011

Toaster Cheese Sandwich of Awesomeness

Serves 4


Adapted from...my head!! I'm sure I've seen this on a website at some point, but I didn't use one today.

  • Medium yellow onion sliced
  • Two cups sliced mushrooms
  • 2 T balsamic vinegar
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 1 french baguette
  • 1cup Jarlsberg cheese grated
  • 1 cup Gouda cheese grated
  • Sharp mustard (optional)

Method


Add the oil and vinegar in a heated fry pan
Stir in the onions and let saute for 2-3 minutes
Add the mushrooms, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms have softened
Remove the onions and mushrooms from the pan
Slice the baguette in half and cut each length into sandwich size pieces
Combine the mushrooms, onions and combination of cheeses to approximately 4 slices of the baguette and top with the additional baguette slices
Place in the frying pan to toast each side of the sandwich and melt the cheese


We tried one with a sharp mustard added and it had a nice punch to it. I enjoyed these without any spread so I opted not to add it to the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment