Sunday, March 20, 2011

Shrimp Risotto






Serves 6


Adapted from http://canelamoida.blogspot.com


This blog is usually about as creative as it gets for me. This week however, I will be taking on another project that will test my do-it-yourself boundaries. An upholstered headboard is in the works. I just have to pick up the foam and particle board, and I will be steps closer to the half-assed luxury bedroom I've always wanted. Giddy-up.



So this risotto recipe looked simple enough that I could whip it up on a weeknight. That's exactly what I did and it's turned into somewhat of a hit. Pair it with a fruit-filled spinach salad, and you'll have yourself a lovely meal.



Shrimp Risotto
Ingredients:
1 lb medium shrimp
salt to taste
2 T olive oil
2 onions
5 cloves garlic
1 cup risotto
1 cup white wine
4 tomatoes
coriander or parsley to taste

Preparation:
Peel the shrimp and put the shells and heat in a baking pan, covered with salt water for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, saute onion in olive oil and garlic.
Add risotto and saute until translucent. Cool off with the wine, add the tomatoes peeled and seeded and cut into pieces. Season with salt.
Drain the broth to cook the shrimp, smash the heads and shells to get all the juices. Go slowly pouring the broth to cook the risotto until it ready to open.
Quickly saute the shrimp in a skillet with a little olive oil. Add them to rice, stir and sprinkle with chopped coriander or parsley to taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment