Monday, November 14, 2011

Cheese



I have mentioned before that I have a love for beef. I am Canadian and better yet an Albertan so meat often comes with the territory. At a young age I became aware that the cow was not so much a friend, but an entree. These days I enjoy meatless dishes and other meats as well, but I will always be partial to steak.




Okay, okay I got a little off track there. This post is actually about cheese. It ranks second among my favorite foods. I like 'em stinky, ripe, soft and/or hard...still talking about cheese here. After purchasing a crossbow (lord, that's another story), we ventured further west to a new cheese shop called Everything Cheese to pick up a few samples. In the center we have a little Roquefort Blue, one the far left some Tomme de Savoie, Avonlea Clothbound Cheddar and Bothee on the right. Anchovy-stuffed olives and some spicy and mild salami round out this plate. Apparently we get a kick out of abusing our digestive tracks as there are no fresh vegetables in sight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment