Sunday, January 23, 2011

Raspberry Sorbet with Chocolate Chips


The twist on this sorbet is the cup of sour cream. Sour cream has become my answer to everything. I use a bit less than a cup of sugar, as per my mom's suggestion. It doesn't need a lot as the raspberries are in syrup.


Sorbet

  • 10 oz package of raspberries in syrup, mashed
  • 1/2 cup berry sugar
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • ½ t vanilla

Combine all ingredients using a hand mixer, pour into a loaf pan and freeze for a minimum of four hours.
Chocolate Chips

  • 12 or more thick cut plain ripple chips
  • 10 oz of dark, semi-sweet baking chocolate

Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, mixing frequently. Use tongs to dip the chips into the chocolate, coating the whole chip. Let them cool on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Store in the fridge once all of the chips have been coated.


2 comments:

  1. The sorbet was delicious and so easy! You should probably patent this or I may just pass it off as my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too ridiculously easy-I'm making it again tonight

    ReplyDelete