Monday, June 29, 2015

White Sangria Infused with Basil & Peaches



This is one of those 30 degree summer afternoon cocktails you're looking for. Crisp and tangy with a little sweetness too. I've had traditional sangria, but wanted white wine as my base; red wine gives some of my taste testers a headache.

I used a 1/4 cup of sugar in this mix, but I'd start with less next time. For this recipe, I recommend a few tablespoons to the alcohol first and then adding more if you prefer it a little sweeter.

As for the herbs, muddling the basil helps to combine its flavour with the alcohol. I used the back of a spoon to pressure the leaves a little. If you compress or crush them too much, you'll end up with a bitter taste.












Serves 4-6

Ingredients

  • 1, 750 ml dry white wine
  • 2 oz Calvados
  • 2 T lemon Juice
  • 2 T granulated sugar
  • 1 bunch basil leaves 
  • 1 peach, thinly sliced

Method

Pour a bottle of white wine, the calvados and lemon juice into a pitcher and mix well. Add the granulated sugar as desired and stir until dissolved. Add the basil and muddle it a little in the pitcher. Add the peach slices and chill for at least an hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment