Sunday, May 3, 2015

Liquor Cabinet One-Pot Chicken Bake


If you're wondering where the chicken is, it's under there in a booze-induced coma.


See! And because it's been soaking in liquor for 90 minutes, it falls apart like a Robert Hall suit.

I have renamed this gem, the Liquor Cabinet One-Pot Chicken Bake because as the chef, you may take liberties with your choice of alcohol. The chef I pilfered this recipe from opted for white wine, brandy and port. I went with red because I get to drink what I don't cook with and I prefer to drink red. I also don't have brandy on hand. I never have brandy on hand. Vermouth felt like a good trade off.

I went with skinless chicken thighs because they were available and frankly I could benefit from a little less fat. If you're interested in a richer flavour, then get yourself some good quality chicken meat and some with the skin on. I'm adding this to my 'Make Again' list.

From: http://www.supergoldenbakes.com/

Serves 4-5

Ingredients

  • 10 skinless chicken thighs 
  • 150 ml wine (I had red on hand)
  • 2 T dry vermouth 
  • 2 T port
  • 1 T white wine vinegar
  • 1 T dijon mustard
  • 100 g prosciutto, sliced in strips
  • 200 g cherry tomatoes, half
  • 2 cloves of garlic, whole
  • 5 shallots, peeled and sliced
  • 1 pepper (yellow, orange or red), thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
  • 1 T oil from the sun-dried tomatoes
  • coarse salt and ground pepper to taste
  • bunch parsley, chopped
  • 1 lemon, thinly sliced (use zest if preferred)

Method

Preheat the oven to 340F. Combine the wine, vinegar, port, vermouth and mustard and stir until blended. Place the chicken on the bottom of a large, lidded casserole dish. Add the prosciutto and all vegetables overtop. Season the surface with salt and pepper and add the sun-dried tomatoes. Cook covered for one hour. Remove the lid and cook another 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with parsley and lemon. Serve over pasta or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment