Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Turkey Meatloaf Muffins



I've had such a long summer break, I've almost forgotten how to write. What a summer it has been! Fun, sun and a LOT of eating. Having just returned from booze and treat-infused vacation, I felt the desire to look into some fit-inspired recipes. This is what you'll see over the next few weeks. These are items that are lower in carbs, higher in protein and natural with respect to ingredients. That last item isn't new. Synthetic doesn't usually appeal to me. 


Anywho, I have two friends who have made these muffins and enjoyed them. This is key because you won't catch me eating something I don't enjoy. The second piece of good news is the recipe took me 15 minutes to assemble and pop into the oven. I actually baked on a weeknight. Obscene! If the idea of savoury and/or meat-filled muffins don't appeal, I'll keep trying. 


Adapted From: http://www.bodybuilding.com


Ingredients


  • 2 lbs ground chicken or turkey
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1 cup cooking oats
  • 1/2 t ground cumin
  • 1/2 t dried thyme
  • 2 t ground mustard
  • 1 t pepper
  • 1 t chipotle pepper powder
  • 1 t salt
  • 2 cloves garlic minced or 2 T garlic powder
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 2 stalks celery, diced

Method


Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 12-piece muffin pan with a non-stick spray or coat ever-so-lightly with butter smudged on a piece of wax paper.  Mix all ingredients into one bowl and blend with your hands. Roll the mixture into balls and place them into the muffin tin. Bake for 40 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment